Well, we did it!
Thanks to 215 amazing individuals, we reached and exceeded our Kickstarter campaign funding goal, ending at $8,675. If you haven't visited the page and watched our little video, you can still do so here. In addition to raising the money we need to print and distribute the first issue of the magazine, a bunch of other cool stuff happened thanks to the campaign. Here's a little list:
- We added 200+ new subscribers.
- We brought on an East Coast Correspondent, Sarah Whitman-Salkin, who will be handling promotion, marketing, and distribution in New York City.
- We were mentioned on Grub Street, Eater, and BitchMedia. (We also sat for an interview with Cosmopolitan. More on that soon.)
- We announced our first issue release dinner, which will take place on September 27th at Old Salt Marketplace, featuring food from Chef Kusuma Rao of Ruchikala and pairings from Anne Hubatch of Helioterra Wines. For more information or to purchase a ticket, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We drank a lot of coffee and a lot of sparkling wine.
Now, we're busy putting the final touches on the inaugural "Flesh" issue, which we're sending off to the printers this week! We'll also be creating all of the cool rewards that a number of our lucky backers purchased through the campaign.
A huge "Thank You" to everyone that backed us, shared our page, tweeted about us, told their butcher about us, cooked for us, and generally helped us reach our goal. We couldn't be more excited for the future of RENDER!
The RENDER Team